NEXT generation Python foundation cranes
Offshore lifting that withstands the harshest of environments
Designed and manufactured by Granada, world-leading offshore foundation crane specialists, these latest generation Pythons provide a lifting capability that sets new standards of reliability and efficiency.
Such is the build quality of these advanced, innovative cranes that they are approved for use with turbines from all major manufacturers and all foundation designs (transition piece and jacket).
Over 1000 next generation Python foundation cranes already in operation on worldwide offshore wind farms
Patented main boom and other key facts about Python foundation cranes:
- In lowering mode, the patented Python main boom allows on-deck maintenance and the fitting of a temporary manual hoist for foundation commission work and man-riding attachment
- Third party independent design accreditation available if required
- Cranes can be certified at the foundation yard for offshore use (no need for offshore testing)
- Davit uses no hydraulics. This reduces maintenance costs by approximately 60% and avoids the potential environmental impact of a hydraulic system either venting or failing altogether
- No working at height. Hoist, slew bearing, electrical control panel and front sheave are all accessible from either the laydown area or the WTG steps
To ensure that all aspects of our offshore foundation cranes meet the most stringent standards, we have a policy of sourcing components, bearings, drive trains and electrical systems only from leading suppliers.
As well as ensuring exceptional quality, suppliers of such calibre provide us with a wealth of specialist advice and first-class product support for your project.
All materials and components are certified for offshore use and conform to all relevant standards for Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment. Our paint system is to ISO 12944 CX or NORSOK M501. Our man-riding emergency descent is to Applicable Standard Safety systems include automatic and manual override protection (AOPS and MOPS).
Offshore maintenance and service agreements